The theme for September at Alter it Monthly is rust. I had a hard time getting inspired with this challenge. I tried different techniques for rusting paper and I scrounged around my hb's stuff and the marina next store looking for rusty stuff. I found a few neat things but it wasn't until I found a rusty tin can on the beach last weekend that the light bulb went on. The tin can is the background after some hammering and folding. The nest is rusty wire and some steel wool I soaked in water.The chain links are from my junk jewelry stash. The leaves I did years ago. I made the paper for the letters using paint and distress embossing powder. I used a Tim Holtz die to cut them out.The bird was purchased years ago. The mounting board was what I used for trying different ways to make rust. It ended up being a fun project! Thank you for looking!