Saturday, November 27, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge- week 23


The challenge over at Studio L3 for this week is called "double distress". I think it is a good fit for the time of year when many of us are feeling double stressed. I have used a TH texture folder - snowflakes as well as TH alterations die- snow tree. For distressing I used blue china, weathered wood and tumbled glass inks. For the tree I used vintage photo, pine needles and acrylic gesso. The words are from Quietfire designs and are stamped on acetate.
Thank you for get well wishes. It is just a cold /flu thing but this one is a toughy. At least I can do some art now but I still have to rest a lot. (not something that comes natural to me). Thank you for looking!

10 comments:

  1. your cold/flu thing certainly didn't effect your artsiness! love your creation, especially the colorcombination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful piece of art, I love the colors you have chosen to use, they look so well with the technique.

    hope you are totally well soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna this is gorgeous I love your die cut and embossing folder. The distressing is fab. Hope you feel a lot better soon. Take care,
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely! Haven't done mine for this week yet. Need to get started!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely, the embossing looks fantastic, and the tree has such a frosty look.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the added tree to your plaque! The frost effect is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! love your double distress it worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wounderful peice of art hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Donna! It's the very definition of elegant simplicity, and the double distress with those gorgeous blues is breathtaking! Great use of the acetate, too, and the wintery tree is stunning.

    Did I mention that I love this??

    I hope you're feeling 100% better by now! Sending you healing hugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete