Friday, September 23, 2011

GC118: Spicy Supply Challenge- Crimpers



  This months supply challenge over at Gingersnap Creations is for us to use "crimpers". Mine has to be at least 20 years old. My flower is made with crimped dictionary pages. I crimped the paper and then ran it through my Stampin Up Daisies 2 Die. I then glued the flower layers together (4 for each size) I then ran it through the crimper again, going around in a circle. I have used Stampin Up and Stampington stamps, Ranger Distress Inks and corrugated card stock in putting my card together.  Sorry the picture is a little blurry. Silly camera needs recharging again so I scanned instead.


Thank you for looking!  We are having a bit of a windstorm here and it is bringing very warm air with it. Nice but strange.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love your script flower great idea running through the crimper first
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - I love the crimped flower - great idea! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entire card is incredible. I love the flower! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I'm liking it, Donna. I don't have a crimper, but I might try cutting flowers out of already crimped card stock and see what happens. The look you get with the colours you used is wonderful ... somehow just a little different than vintage, but in the same ball park. hugs from Donna in Mexico -- side awake in the hospital. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    This is gorgeous! I love the colors and texture.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and I just adore the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love how you made the flower. yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and clever card Donna. this is simply FABULOUS ... i love every detail
    Have a lovely week
    hugs june

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, this is just gorgeous! Love the browns! I bought a crimper, so I could play!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Donna! I love how you distressed the flower with the crimper, great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fantastic card, looks really fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is a wonderful card, Donna!

    Congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem in the Spicy Supply Challenge (crimpers)!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to use the crimped paper in parts instead of as a whole. Terrific job! Congrats on being chosen GG!

    ReplyDelete